Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi Soup) Recipe
Kimchi soup is a true comfort food for Koreans. A food cuddle that cures all types of homesickness. Want to make the kimchi soup vegetarian? Swap the meat for more tofu and use a vegetarian stock.
- 200 g pork collar (or pork butt; about 1/2 pound)
- 250 g firm tofu (9 ounces)
- 600–800 g sliced Chinese leaf kimchi (about 20-30 ounces Napa cabbage kimchi)
- 800 ml water (3-1/2 cups)
- 100 g chopped leek or salad onion (1 small leek)
- Approx. 1 tbsp sesame oil
- cooking oil for frying
- Cut the pork collar into thin strips and the tofu into cubes or thick domino tiles.
- Brown off the meat in some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the kimchi and fry for about another 5 minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and leave the soup to simmer without a lid for about 10 minutes.
- Add leek and tofu, leave to simmer for a minute or so more. Finish off by adding sesame oil to taste. Serve with a bowl of rice on the side.
Winter Squash and Kohlrabi Kimchi Recipe
Make a kimchi that both complex in texture and taste by incorporating winter squash and kohlrabi into the recipe.
Probiotic Valentine’s Day Truffles
Sweeten up this year’s Valentine’s Day celebration by making this luscious truffle recipe topped with a scrumptious helping of probiotic whipped cream.
Shiitake Tasty Paste Recipe
Add an extra level of flavor to your cooking with this fermented shiitake paste