This is a take on the unbeatable combination of iced tea and lemonade. Made with cold-brewed coffee and kombucha – it’s a coffee on tea paradox.
Coffee combined with a healthy dose of kombucha’s probiotics creates a surprisingly flavoursome and thirst quenching energy tonic that is refreshing and invigorating at the same time.
Makes 4 servings
Ready in 5 minutes
- 1 litres (35 fl oz) of cold brew coffee
- 1 lemon, sliced ice, to serve
- 1 litre (35 fl oz) shop-bought kombucha (or make your own)
Slice the lemon, add to a glass and fill it to the top with ice. Fill the glass half way with the kombucha, then top up with the cold brewed coffee. Mix and enjoy.
Also from Tonic:
Curious about kombucha?
- Browse kombucha products, including starter kits, in the Fermentation store online.
- Kombucha for Health and Happiness: Learn about the origins of this popular probiotic beverage and how it could benefit your body, mind and budget.
- Home Brewing Kombucha: How to brew kombucha tea at home by the gallon.
- MOTHER EARTH NEWS Podcast: Kefir and Kombucha: Brewing with Bacteria
- Peach Kombucha Lassi Recipe: Combine two types of fermented components to make this fresh, delicately sweet drink that has double the probiotic power.
- Lavender-Mint Kombucha Recipe: These two edible herbs give your summer brew a fragrant, soothing effect and support a healthy digestive system.
Recipes excerpted with permission from Tonic by Tanita de Ruijt, published by Hardie Grant Books January 2018, RRP $19.99 hardcover.